COUI NEWS - SEVERAL UPDATES BELOW!
COUI has a NEW combined Phone/Fax Number!
Please make note of our new phone/fax line: 818.332.3008. The old (323) numbers will be disconnected soon.
COUI IS BECOMMING A VOLUNTEER RUN ORGANIZATION!
In the most recent meeting of our Board of Directors, COUI decided to become a volunteer run organization at the beginning of 2017 in an effort to minimize expenses so that any support we receive will go almost exclusively toward actualizing
our mission and programs. In addition to your generous support, COUI has been consistently applying for 3-5 grants per month for several years now, however with so many non-profits applying for the same grants, not all applications are approved,
and we understand how important it is to continue Laura Huxley's vision in a way that will not only benefit our program participants in the most efficient way, but also optimize your support as donors.
Your support is more important than ever to keep COUI programs running strong.
- $200 underwrites educating one student about how to manage their financial future more effectively.
- $100 underwrites four financial literacy student workbooks.
Please know that any support you are able to offer is greatly appreciated, so please check our support page
to review the many ways you can support
COUI - some of them are even free!
If you are interested in supporting COUI as a volunteer, please contact us
COUI FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM UPDATE:
Thanks to the generosity of the Irma Ceunis and Simone Wynant Foundation we received a grant which enabled us to team up with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) to implement a pilot of our new Financial Literacy program with approximately
30 kids (aged 9 - 14 years old) who were enrolled in the LAPD's Van Nuys division Jeopardy program. The Jeopardy progam is an after school program which gives kids a place to be while their parents might still be at work, and it's a great
place for them to learn respecful interactions as well as receive some help with their homework / school work. We were lucky enough to be able to add our program to their initiative. By the end of the pilot, we learned a lot about how to improve
and move forward with the program, and we are excited about the prospect of implementation with additional LAPD divisions. With your support, we look forward to being able to share future progress with you about this program and partnership
in the coming months!
COUI's Teens and Toddlers curricuum has been approved by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District)!!!
COUI Newsletter Archive
Children: Our Ultimate Investment's recent accomplishments:
- COUI has a NEW Phone and Fax number: (818) 322-3008.
- Beginning in January 2017, COUI will become a volunteer run organization in order to minimize expenses and optimize donor support.
- Successfully implemented a pilot financial literacy program with the LAPD's Van Nuys Division Jeopardy program.
- COUI received a $10,000 grant from the Irma Ceunis and Simone Wynant Foundation for the implementation of our new financial literacy program.
- COUI's Teens and Toddlers program curriculum is now approved by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District).
- Received a grant for $10,000 from the Rite Aid Foundation's KidCents Program.
- Began working to establish a new financial literacy program for teens.
- Have finally published Laura Huxley's last book, Let's Die Healthy, which she wrote shortly before her death!
- Initialized a partnership with the LAPD to work with community volunteers and the LAPD's Cadet/Jeopardy program(s), and are developing important partnerships with prominent organizations who desire the kind of growth and self-improvement T&T has delivered for fifteen years.
Support our new partnership with the Rite Aid Foundation!
COUI PRESS COVERAGE
COUI Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
- Seeking new local Board Members!
Contact us if you are interested in becoming a COUI Board Member.
- Volunteer Research Evaluator
Contact us if you are willing to conduct an independant research evaluation of our T&T program.
(Candidates may be in college if they have a professor to supervise their activities and issue their credits.)
- Volunteer Freelance Writers
Contact us if you are interested in writing relevant articles for our COUI newsletter, etc.
- Volunteer Marketing Associates
Contact us if you are interested in encouraging positive media of any kind about us.